Lake Centre for Rehab offers a myriad of programs to:
Determine Your Physical Well Being
- Determine Your Risk of Falls
- Keep you Safe and Physically Fit
- Exercise and Have Fun
- Relax and Reduce Tension
1. The Health Fitness Profile: Determines Your Physical Well Being
IF FITNESS SCREENS ARE BENEFICIAL FOR THE ATHLETE, WHY WOULDN’T THEY BE BENEFICIAL FOR YOU?
In today’s health care environment, it is critically important for you to gauge your fitness level. Knowing your strengths and limitations will have the greatest IMPACT on your health and well being.
DO NOT HAVE TO BE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF AGING
Lake Centre for Rehab offers The Health Fitness Profile to analyze your physical abilities compared to other individuals of your age and gender.
YOUR HEALTH FITNESS PROFILE INCLUDES:
- A series of standardized screenings and self-assessment tools
- A comparison to others of your age and gender
Suggestions to improve your physical function
A written profile for you to share with your primary physician
The Health Fitness Profile is available in all Lake Centre for Rehab locations.
2. The Better Balance Program: Determines and Improves Your Risk of Falls
Lake Centre for Rehab offers the Expertise, Equipment, and Passion to help you improve your mobility and preserve your independence. Our Better Balance Program is designed to enhance your balance and flexibility in a safe, supervised environment, to assist you in achieving your goals.
⇒ Increase Safety, Flexibility, and Range of Motion
⇒ Increase Strength and Endurance
⇒ Improve Sports Performance
⇒ Build confidence
⇒ Avoid balance mishaps
⇒ Preserve your independence
The Better Balance Program is available in all Lake Centre for Rehab locations.
3. Personal Training & MedFit: Keeping You Safe and Physically Fit
It is important to recognize that mobility, balance, flexibility, endurance, and function decreases with age. These changes, can be minimized or reversed with appropriate exercise and activity. Research tells us that exercise is more important than ever for your body and mind. Benefits of exercise can be obtained without excessive stress on your muscles and joints. It’s about adding activity to your life, even in small ways.
Lake Centre for Rehab offers Fitness designed just for you. If the gym is not your thing, a personal program in a clinic setting may be just what you need.
Personal Training—If you want to lose weight, get healthy, and/or build muscle, a personal trainer is a step in the right direction. Our personal training classes will assess your fitness level, help you set goals, and keep you motivated. Dates and times will be scheduled prior to your first visit. Personal Training is available in our Lake Sumter Landing and Spanish Plaines locations only.
MedFit Independent Work Out—If you wish to have the structure of a Personal Trainer but don’t require one-on-one training, MedFit is the next step to a healthy, active lifestyle. Individualized classes are designed by our Exercise Physiologist but you train by yourself. Periodic adjustments to your training will be applied based on progress and goals. Dates and times will be scheduled prior to your first visit. MedFit is available in our Lake Sumter Landing and Spanish Plaines locations only.
MedFit Assisted Work Out—You’ve completed your therapy. Now What? You can return to Lake Centre for Rehab to continue and maintain your rehab program with the assistance of one of our Personal Trainers or Physical Therapy Assistants. Dates and times will be scheduled prior to your first visit. MedFit is available in our Lake Sumter Landing and Spanish Plaines locations only.
4. Aquatic Classes: Exercise and Have Fun!
Water is a perfect environment for exercising, losing weight, strengthening, toning muscles, reducing stress, relaxing, and simply having fun. Exercising in water is perfect for individuals who can’t tolerate land-based exercise programs. Aquatic classes are available in our Spanish Plaines location only.
Why massage? What are the benefits to receiving regular massage?
- Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system, against toxic invaders.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility
- Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level
- Releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema
- Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles
Massage is available in our Lake Sumter Landing and Spanish Plaines locations only.